To become BBB accredited, a business has to follow various requirements as set forth by the BBB. These include:
1. The age of the company should be 6 months and more
2. In the state of Maryland, a roofing contractor needs to have a valid license for operation. The license is issued by the State Licensing Board for Residential and General Contractors. The business must also be insured, insurance involving liability coverage and workers’ compensation.
3. The Company should not violate any government regulations.
4. The company needs to have no ongoing customer complaints.
5. The service must comply with the promises made through advertising & obey the terms of the contract.
6. The company must follow all the BBB advertising laws along with the ones stated by the government.
7. The company website should offer a secure means for financial transactions.
8. Every project undertaken by the company must be fulfilled.
9. The company should display proven responses to customer complaints.
Now that we understand what requirements a business needs to follow; let’s visit what you, the homeowner, will benefit from hiring a BBB accredited roofing company in Maryland.